HomeFAQMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 

5 tornadoes touch down in Colorado, mall damaged

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
mammamia2008

PostSubject: 5 tornadoes touch down in Colorado, mall damaged   Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:17 pm

ok i have yahoo weather news and when i saw this i was in shocked and felt really bad so here is what happen in colorado.........

AURORA, Colo. – At least five tornadoes touched down in Colorado on Sunday, with one overturning benches and a car outside a mall in a Denver suburb and injuring a man who tried to take pictures of a twister.

The man was taken to a hospital with serious injuries, said Battalion Chief Mark Turley of the Aurora Fire Department. Turley said medical privacy laws kept him from releasing further details.

Firefighters reported moderate damage and gas leaks at the Southlands Mall, which was forced to close.

The National Weather Service said the tornado that damaged the mall touched down south of Buckley Air Force Base just before 2 p.m. and may have been on the ground for about 30 minutes, taking an 8- to 10-mile path across southeast Aurora.

Heating, ventilation and air conditioning units on the mall roof were damaged. Mall spokeswoman Joyce Rocha-Brown said damage was being assessed and no decision had been made on when the building might reopen.

Julie Patterson, 36, could see the tornado from the back deck of her house in Aurora.

"You could see the debris flying in the funnel cloud," she said.

Many spots in the Denver area also were pelted with hail as big as baseballs. The Weather Service received reports of hail as big as 3 inches in Arapahoe County, meteorologist Robert Koopmeiners said.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jetsetter
Staff Member

PostSubject: Re: 5 tornadoes touch down in Colorado, mall damaged   Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:31 pm

That is indeed bad what arise. I hope that the people will be okay.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mammamia2008

PostSubject: Re: 5 tornadoes touch down in Colorado, mall damaged   Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:20 pm

yes it is and it also i hope so too
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MasterOfEvil
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: 5 tornadoes touch down in Colorado, mall damaged   Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:36 pm

That seriously sux. I hate tornadoes, they look awesome, just not when they're near by. But I do hope that the peeps are ok.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nymphatina
Administrator/Webmaster

PostSubject: Re: 5 tornadoes touch down in Colorado, mall damaged   Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:00 am

That sux. I'm tired of crap like thiz happenin' 2 peepz, every damn year there'z sum kind of crap happenin'. But I do hope that everyone iz ok.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Made by Me
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://snowdream.go-board.net
mammamia2008

PostSubject: Re: 5 tornadoes touch down in Colorado, mall damaged   Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:44 pm

i hope so too but i already know who lives there too and he is mac's cousin too
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nymphatina
Administrator/Webmaster

PostSubject: Re: 5 tornadoes touch down in Colorado, mall damaged   Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:46 am

Iz all the peepz ok, or do any1 know? tongue

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Made by Me
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://snowdream.go-board.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 5 tornadoes touch down in Colorado, mall damaged   

Back to top Go down

5 tornadoes touch down in Colorado, mall damaged
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1